cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II Freezes and Resets on Its Own When I Try to Connect to App

guzmanwj
Apprentice

Hello,

I got a canon M50 MK ii but I have a problem, when I try to connect to the Canon app by Bluetooth or WiFi to my Iphone14 I have deleted and download the app multiple times as well the camera freezes and reset on it's own to the main shooting screen and is not able to connect through either one of them, I have tried restoring to factory settings multiple times, I have reset the connection settings too and nothing works.

Could my camera have been a bad batch? I would love to be able to send photos to my phone, this is my first camera and just started to get into photography and not having a good time with it.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

5 REPLIES 5

Maryrandles
Apprentice

@guzmanwj wrote:

Hello,

I got a canon M50 MK ii but I have a problem, when I try to connect to the Canon app by Bluetooth or WiFi to my Iphone14 I have deleted and download the app multiple times as well the camera freezes and reset on it's own to the main shooting screen and is not able to connect through either one of them, I have tried restoring to factory settings multiple times, I have reset the connection settings too and nothing works.

Could my camera have been a bad batch? I would love to be able to send photos to my phone, this is my first camera and just started to get into photography and not having a good time with it.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Hi,

Hope you are doing good!

1. Ensure app and firmware are up to date: Make sure both the Canon app on your iPhone and the camera's firmware are updated to their latest versions. This can often resolve compatibility issues and improve overall performance.

2. Check compatibility: Verify that your iPhone 14 is officially supported by the Canon app. Visit the Canon website or contact their support to confirm compatibility between your camera, app, and iPhone model.

3. Reset network settings on your iPhone: Sometimes, connectivity issues can be resolved by resetting network settings on your iPhone. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." Keep in mind that this will remove saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, so you'll need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network afterward.

4. Try a different device: If possible, try connecting your camera to another compatible device, such as a different iPhone or an Android device, to see if the issue persists. This can help identify whether the problem lies with the camera or the specific device you're using.

5. Contact Canon support: If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps above and you're still unable to establish a stable connection, it's best to reach out to Canon's customer support. They have access to specific technical knowledge and can provide further assistance or determine if there might be a hardware issue with your camera.

Thanks and regards

Maryrandles

I have tried all of this steps before and nothing worked.

Jarika32
Apprentice

This problem might be caused by compatibility issues between the camera's firmware and the app's software. Canon periodically releases firmware updates to address such issues. You can try checking for any available firmware updates for your camera and install them if necessary.

TargetPayandBenefits

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure that you have enabled both Bluetooth and WiFi in the camera!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I has both enable and still nothing works.

Announcements