cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High pitched ping sound when shutter close on Canon EOS R6 mark II

compisit
Apprentice

Hi! I just got my Canon R6ii a few days ago. Today, I tried to take some photos in a quiet room. When I take the picture and the shutter close/open, I could hear a metallic high pitched ping sound coming out from the camera. Also, this is consistent with different shutter speeds. This also happened when I turn off camera and the shutter went down. I'm not quite sure if this is a normal behavior or there is something wrong with the shutter so it caused this ping noise. Do you guys have any idea about this?

Thank you so much!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello compisit,

Even cameras of the same model can have differences in shutter sounds. The high-pitched ping is a bit different however. I would suggest trying a different lens on the camera to see if that makes a difference. The camera also has a Silent Shutter Mode that can be used without beeps or shutter release sounds. 

View solution in original post

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi compisit,

Please take a video of the sound for us.  

Try with a different lens too as JohnQ suggested.  

Also, remove the lens and enable release shutter without lens attached and make a short clip of this as well.  

We'll let you know if what you are hearing is "normal"

See Custom Function 4 - C.Fn4

shadowsports_0-1702603145201.png

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 Mark II : Custom Function Setting Items (start.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello compisit,

Even cameras of the same model can have differences in shutter sounds. The high-pitched ping is a bit different however. I would suggest trying a different lens on the camera to see if that makes a difference. The camera also has a Silent Shutter Mode that can be used without beeps or shutter release sounds. 

Hello, Thank you so much for your answer! I think it's independent to the lens. I tried to remove the lens and the ping sound was still there. And also, the electronic shutter worked well. Anyway, I just decided to return the camera and I think I'll go for the R5 instead. I really appreciate your help!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi compisit,

Please take a video of the sound for us.  

Try with a different lens too as JohnQ suggested.  

Also, remove the lens and enable release shutter without lens attached and make a short clip of this as well.  

We'll let you know if what you are hearing is "normal"

See Custom Function 4 - C.Fn4

shadowsports_0-1702603145201.png

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 Mark II : Custom Function Setting Items (start.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi shadowsports. Thank you so much for your help! I just decided to return the camera this evening and I didn't have any record of the sound with me. The camera still created the ping sound without any lens attached so it think the ping is independent to the camera lens. I'm not sure about this so I decided to return the camera and I will go for the R5 instead. I really appreciate your help!

Announcements