cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Canon600D

Marianp
Contributor

Doe aan astrofotografie al een tijdje. Plotseling zijn mijn Isowaardes tussen 100 en 6200 te donker (zelfs overdag donkere foto's) Alle instellingen gebrobeerd en zelfs fabrieks instellingen ingesteld. Alle persoonlijke instellingen gewist.

Het vreemde is dat hij bij filmen wel genoeg licht geeft. Ik kan niet vinden wat het probleem is. Help? DAnk U!

20 REPLIES 20

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi Marianp. This is Canon USA user forum. Looks like you have written in Dutch. If you can repost in English we can try to help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you

I hads lots of fun with my Canon 600D with night- and astro fotography. Recently however I cannot change between 100 and 6200 ISO. It's stays very dark and for me these differences are very needed when fotographing through my telescope. While I was trying changing all the settings I once had a H added to my ISO  that worked, but only very light. I tried all the settings and even erased all settings to firmsettings etc. etc. Nothing works. The funny thing is that while filming I do get enough light.

I so hope you can help me. As I cannot afford another camera

Thank you in advance,

Marian Pontier

Holland

Marian,

You did reset to Canon factory defaults?  Beyond doing that with out success, I believe the camera is broken. Remove the battery for an extended amount of time.  Like a week, or longer, for instance and see if it completely resets.  I don't believe there is a 'keep alive' battery in a T3i Rebel.  If there is remove it also.

The 'H' is a pushed ISO setting.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

What is the position of the shooting mode dial on the top of the camera?  You probably want to use M, manual mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your reply. I will  try leaving out my battery as you advise me, not being able to use my camera terrible but necessary.

Hope it works

Thanks again

Marian

"You did reset to Canon factory defaults?"

It is fruitless for everyone to 'guess' what may have been set wrong or whether your camera is faulty until you have reset it to factory defaault.  After you get it reset then you really do need to read and understand how to set things. You will then know if you did do something.  But reset it first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Resetted several times. Did not work. Somebody advised me to leave the battery out for a week. 
What surprises me is that when I put the video on, I DO have enough light.

What are the exposure settings when you are "filming" the night sky?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Honestly I just tried during daytime. Getting dark pictures and the video is perfect. Unfortunately in Holland clear skies are very rare and you have act very quick, not enough time to experience.
Pictures of the moon are perfect (enough light) that I know. But pictures farther away too dark. Videos I did not try as I have to align my telescope with 3 pictures first in order to find other planets
Announcements