cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Not Working on T6i

endurer1
Contributor

Greetings Team.  I have tried three different mini-HDMI to HDMI cables for my t6i and non are working to shoot teethered via Adobe Bridge

1. Disabled wi-fi function

2. Enabled HDMI Control

3. When I turn my camera on nothing is displayed on the screen so I believe it detected the HDMI cable

#bginnersrow.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You shoot tethered with the USB cable, not HDMI. HDMI only mirrors the LCD.

View solution in original post

HDMI cables carry a video signal.  You need to use the USB cable.  Do you have a copy of the full Instrucion Manual?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for reply team, I was misinterpreting a YouTube video and what you shared makes perfect sense.

thank you.

Manual here:  http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300018254/01/eos-rebelt6i-750d-im-en.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

7 REPLIES 7

endurer1
Contributor

Also tried this is Light Room.  The camera simply isn't being detected.

Thanks.

HDMI cables carry a video signal.  You need to use the USB cable.  Do you have a copy of the full Instrucion Manual?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for reply team, I was misinterpreting a YouTube video and what you shared makes perfect sense.

thank you.

No manual but I am kicking myself since I did this with my T3i via UsB. Smh!!!

Manual here:  http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300018254/01/eos-rebelt6i-750d-im-en.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for everything team.  I am shooting in tethered mode with no problem through Canon's Digital Photography software.  It appears there is a glitch with the t61 and Lightroom and Bridge.  Let me know if you guys don't have the issue.  Again, with the software downloaded from Canon's site I can tether shoot with zero issues.  Thanks for the quick replies on my message.  

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You shoot tethered with the USB cable, not HDMI. HDMI only mirrors the LCD.

Announcements