cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problems with t5i Av mode.

rafikul1983
Apprentice

The camera everything works fine except Av mode of the camera. When I try to take a picture and clicked the button its taking much time and red light is blinking, then shutter sound can be heard and then in the display screen it is showing Busy. After staying busy for few while finally when it takes the picture, the picture is almost blank with white color. It’s happening all the time when I try to take a picture in Av mode and with any of the lens.

*This problems happen when in Av mode and f/22 and exposure 4/5

when low the f stop number and exposure, its works but when exposure is high and f/22 its hang and then picture comes out a blank  white screen.Is it normal? Has any one faced same the problems?

6 REPLIES 6

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

f/22 is a very high f-stop unless you're using a tripod.  What do you mean by "exposure 4/5".  

The camera has an exposure compensation mode, but that should normally be set to the 0 position unless you're in special circumstances where you want the camera to deliberately either reduce or boost the exposure vs. what the meter reading wants to do.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

My first thought is you have jacked up settings.  Put things back to normal and try again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My interpretation of the problem is too short of a shutter speed for the aperture used. At F22 you will need to be shooting in VERY bright light to hand hold so that means you need to be on a tripod and wait out the long shutter speed needed to get the shot. Depending on the available light that could be several seconds or even longer.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@cicopo wrote:

My interpretation of the problem is too short of a shutter speed for the aperture used. At F22 you will need to be shooting in VERY bright light to hand hold so that means you need to be on a tripod and wait out the long shutter speed needed to get the shot. Depending on the available light that could be several seconds or even longer.

That explanation would make sense if the reported symptom were underexposure. But what the OP reports is significant overexposure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

The big wait may just be a super long shutter the camera thinks necessary for his f/22 aperture. The blank look might just be massive blur from all the camera shake if the overall scene is kind of bright?

Why are you on f/22? Are you wanting a super deep depth of field, or are you just messing around trying to get something to work?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Also, what do you mean by "exposure 4/5"?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements