cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T7i firmware update to 1.0.2 cannot complete.

COrr1
Apprentice

All,

I downloaded the version 1.0.2 to replace 1.0.1. I copied it to SD card and inserted in camera as documentation stated and I get all the way to step 7, when I need to choose [OK] to "Update Firmware?" 1.0.1 --> 1.0.2. BUT the [OK] is dithered (gray) and not available.  Anyone have idea what I might be doing wrong? Was following documentation closely. 

Thanks in advance.

C.Orr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks correct. I did just check on the canon site and there is a 1.10 update available. Not sure why that should make a difference but you could try that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is the .fir file in the root directory? Same directory hat shows the DCIM folder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

COrr1
Apprentice

COrr1_0-1671222487567.png

Does this look correct?

Looks correct. I did just check on the canon site and there is a 1.10 update available. Not sure why that should make a difference but you could try that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

COrr1
Apprentice

Hmm, I did not see that one. For a EOS T7i? I'll go check. 

Thanks

Cal Orr

Florence, SC

COrr1
Apprentice

Ok Sir,  thanks so much for your help. I did find that newer version of the firmware. And I also discovered that the touchscreen allows you to touch the OK button to proceed but on this screen, you have to arrow over to the OK and then set. Seems like that would've been explained in the documentation don't you think?

So I am golden now. I have the latest version of the firmware and ready to take some more pics.

Cheers

Cal Orr

Florence, SC

Announcements