cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7i w/ Remote (delay shoot)

Alexander88
Apprentice

Hi, I'm trying to use an amazon basics remote control with my eos rebel T7i. In order to get it working I had to turn off the bluetooth then switching shooting mode to 10sec delay/remote. However there is a delay with every shot but I dont want any delay at all. 

Does anyone know how to do this on this camera?

Thanks,

Alex

Remote used:

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The Amazon Basic remote does not support immediate shutter release like the Canon Remote.  You have to select single shot like John mentions and then 2 or 10 sec timer.  Compose your shot and press the button.  The shutter will release at the specified interval.  It is not immediate

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I looked at the PDF manual. It says shutter release or time delay mode. Are you sure you need to select the 10 second delay? Try selecting single shot. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I did but the only shutter release mode that is working with the remote is the 10 second delay, but it does something like a 3-4 second delay

@Alexander88 wrote:

I did but the only shutter release mode that is working with the remote is the 10 second delay, but it does something like a 3-4 second delay

I looked at the PDF manual. Try selecting the 2 second option.

Edit - missed Ricks response.

Edit 2: see the video. Scroll to 1:30 - How To Use A Remote With Your Canon DSLR by Amazon Basics - Bing video

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The Amazon Basic remote does not support immediate shutter release like the Canon Remote.  You have to select single shot like John mentions and then 2 or 10 sec timer.  Compose your shot and press the button.  The shutter will release at the specified interval.  It is not immediate

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'll return this remote and get a canon remote. I see there is 2 different ones...

BR-E1 and RC-6.

Do they both do instant shots with no delay?

I’m confused with the RC-3 operation. I cant get the JJC MODEL RC-3

and when I try I get the the JJC to link, I get a statement that says none of the T models are able to be used. 

LCinOH_0-1686511490686.jpeg

It doesn’t link to the camera. The remote links to the module that installs on the flash shoe which connects to the camera vis a cable plugged into the remote connection port. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Both are capable of Instant or delay shooting. The BR-E1 can do AF (just like half-pressing) the shutter button.  For the "W" and "T" Zoom functions, you have to have a zoom accessory.  The RC-6 will do what you want, but you still have to compose the shot, hence why it is only half the price.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements