cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Memory card wouldn't come out

phhudson
Contributor

I have a Canon t7 camera.  One that I have had for approx. 2 years.  Today after taking photos I went to remove the chip from the camera and it would only come out a couple of mm.  I was able to remove it eventually. 

The chip that I removed from the camera would not fit into a chip reader.  I tried a different chip and cannot place it into the camera.  I was able to download the photos from the chip that I removed from the camera. 

My question is: 1) has anyone run into this before? 2) If so, can this be repaired at a reasonable price? 3) Would I be better off if I just purchased a new body or refurbished t7 camera.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please let us know the outcome. It may be help for others. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

phhudson
Contributor

I wanted everyone to know that my camera was repaired by Canon and is being shipped back to me.  I checked with them and here is the report from them

06:10 pm
I reviewed the repair report from the facility, and it states:
"Your product has been examined and it was found that the SD slot circuit board did not operate properly causing the memory card to become jammed inside the unit. The circuit board was replaced. Product functions were confirmed. We recommend checking your card for damage before use and replacing it if needed."

phnudson 

Yay!

Wow. Repairs within 7 days. That's pretty amazing.

Steve Thomas

phhudson
Contributor

Camera had damage to a circuit board. Which has been repaired by Canon.  I will still get a new SD card.  Approx. 2 years ago, I had dropped the camera and had it repaired.  Not sure if this might have led to the new problem or not.

Announcements