Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Firmware update file not found

rosa97
Apprentice

Help me please 

17174582895457899584077703114590.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For future reference, for your convenience, you can do what I just did in 15 secs, which is search for Canon EOS T7 firmware update on your browser:
Firmware Notice: EOS Rebel T7: Firmware Version 1.2.0 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Bonjour et Bienvenue sur le forum:
Can you please explain, in English (it's a US based site) what the precise issue is?
So far, it looks like you are trying to update the firmware on your Canon EOS T7 (which is a North American model name, in Europe it would be the EOS 2000D).  It appears you are working with English as the message is in that language.
To download the correct firmware you need to go to the EOS 2000D (or T7) Canon support page.  The process will then be slightly different for Macintosh vs. Windows.  Usually the site senses which operating system you are using, but if not you will have to manually select it.

In both cases,  you then need to upload a compressed image file to a hard drive on your computer and then expand that compressed file to generate a file with a .FIR extension.  It is that file which you copy onto an SD card and insert into your camera. 

When you go to the wrench menu to do the upload, which you seem to have done, the camera will then read the .FIR file and proceed.  NOTE: make sure your camera battery is fully charged before starting the process with the camera.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Where can I find this file?

For future reference, for your convenience, you can do what I just did in 15 secs, which is search for Canon EOS T7 firmware update on your browser:
Firmware Notice: EOS Rebel T7: Firmware Version 1.2.0 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

cheers, TREVOR

rosa97
Apprentice

Thanks 

Hi Rosa:
If this resolves your issue, please mark it as a solution, otherwise you will get on-going messages trying to do so!

cheers, TREVOR

click here to view the gallery
Announcements