cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 Have to take classes to point and click

shyhink86
Apprentice

I have been using cameras for almost 32 yrs and have never had to find a class or video to learn how to take a picture with my camera. When did we develop cameras that are so ridiculous that you can not just point and click a picture? Also what kinda customer service is only sales people? How is that customer service? I have the #rebelt6. Worst camera I have ever owned would rather have 35 mm film than use this crap.

Update Be sure to turn lens to MF if you just want to point and click.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

If you have the Rebel T6 it has a couple of automatic features that essentially allow you to 'point and shoot'.  Those are P and Auto modes.  However, if you want to get the most out of the T6, which is a perfectly good camera, then some study is required.

There are a couple of options of on-line learning, which you apparently did not find in your obviously exhaustive efforts to find assistance.
First, this two hour tutorial from Chris Bray, a National Geographic Photographer:
Learn Photography [Full Course] by Australian Geographic Photographer Chris Bray - YouTube

Then there is a significant learning facility provided by Canon:
Canon EOS 101: Photo and Videography Basics | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

If you would care to log onto your local library on-line catalogue
Do a search for an item called LinkedIn Learning, or Lynda.COM
If the item is listed you have access to a brilliant tutorial site, with a lot of material on a wide range of subjects, including photography.
Follow the prompts and you should be given free access using your library credentials - user ID and PW or PIN
Within the site, do a search for an item called Photography Fundamentals, or for a listing of topics, just do a search for photography.   There is a vast array of learning materials by top trainers who are also photographers.

Finally, you have the following options using a general search on You Tube:

(1) mavin canon rebel t6 - YouTube

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

If you have the Rebel T6 it has a couple of automatic features that essentially allow you to 'point and shoot'.  Those are P and Auto modes.  However, if you want to get the most out of the T6, which is a perfectly good camera, then some study is required.

There are a couple of options of on-line learning, which you apparently did not find in your obviously exhaustive efforts to find assistance.
First, this two hour tutorial from Chris Bray, a National Geographic Photographer:
Learn Photography [Full Course] by Australian Geographic Photographer Chris Bray - YouTube

Then there is a significant learning facility provided by Canon:
Canon EOS 101: Photo and Videography Basics | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

If you would care to log onto your local library on-line catalogue
Do a search for an item called LinkedIn Learning, or Lynda.COM
If the item is listed you have access to a brilliant tutorial site, with a lot of material on a wide range of subjects, including photography.
Follow the prompts and you should be given free access using your library credentials - user ID and PW or PIN
Within the site, do a search for an item called Photography Fundamentals, or for a listing of topics, just do a search for photography.   There is a vast array of learning materials by top trainers who are also photographers.

Finally, you have the following options using a general search on You Tube:

(1) mavin canon rebel t6 - YouTube

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I feel so dumb I figured out right before I read this my AF was on instead of MF for the 300mm lens. I was sitting here shaking my head and then read this. 

We all make mistakes, that's part of the learning experience.  Best not to get frustrated and lash out though. 

I recommend checking out the links I have provided, it will help you get the most out of your camera.

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements