cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 - EXTERNAL MICROPHONE?

YCQ
Apprentice

Hi everone,

I would like to connect a external microphone on my Rebel T6. There is no external plug to do so (there is on on the T6i... not on the T6). Any tip to help pls?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@YCQ wrote:

Hi everone,

I would like to connect a external microphone on my Rebel T6. There is no external plug to do so (there is on on the T6i... not on the T6). Any tip to help pls?

Thx

There is no means to add an external microphone to a Rebel T6.  Period.  The camera body is designed to be an entry level DSLR, and as such, it is not a high performance camera.  It lack many amenities that one may take for granted, like having an external microphone input.

If you are serious about shooting video with a DSLR, and I mean serious, then consider the 80D.  Bear in mind, that DSLRs are still cameras first, that just happen to have extra programming that allow them to record SHORT video clips, and I emphasize the word short.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@YCQ wrote:

Hi everone,

Thx

There is no means to add an external microphone to a Rebel T6.  Period.  The camera body is designed to be an entry level DSLR, and as such, it is not a high performance camera.  It lack many amenities that one may take for granted, like having an external microphone input.

If you are serious about shooting video with a DSLR, and I mean serious, then consider the 80D.  Bear in mind, that DSLRs are still cameras first, that just happen to have extra programming that allow them to record SHORT video clips, and I emphasize the word short.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thx.

MrHowell
Apprentice
The best option is to purchase a external recorder such as a Tascam DR 05 and synchronized the audio with the video in post production software suchasFinal Cut, Premiere Pro or any number of video softyyou can get in a computer App Store. This will make it a little bit less plug and play, but your sound quality with improve many times over. You don’t need to be a “pro” camera to make good video. As for the record times, they are 29 minutes. If you’re blogging or doing the kinds of video that doesn’t need continuous shooting, this should be fine. I have the same camera and it’s wonderful.
Announcements