cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i Error Message "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"

JJasd
Contributor

This error message (shown in the screenshot below) shows and pops up on my PC at random intervals, even when my camera is not plugged in. Whenever it pops up, 4 of the same windows pop up at a time, even days after I last had my camera connected to my PC (it actually just popped up 4 more windows while I was typing that sentence). 

Has anyone had this issue before? How do I fix it please?? 😭 It gets extremely extremely annoying, like yes, I disconnected the camera I am aware, it's telling me that I disconnected my camera 3 days ago about 40 times per day, literally counted that. 

Any help I would really appreciate, thanks. 

JJasd_0-1668585512323.png

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since this issue occurs randomly without the camera being connected to your computer, it doesn't sound like its an issue with the camera or its software.  Instead, something with the operating system.

I can tell by the image that you are running a version of windows.  What software do you have installed for your device?  EOS Utility, DPP, etc?  What version(s) are installed?

Have you tried uninstalling them, restarting and installing the latest versions available?

Canon Support for EOS Rebel T3i | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

JJasd
Contributor

Hi Rick, 

Thanks for your response! I never downloaded any EOS Utility or camera software or things like that, I only ever connected the camera to just transfer the photos that I took onto my PC, and that was that. 

As for the Windows version, I'm currently using Windows 10 21H2. 

Please do let me know if there is any other information I should provide. Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings

Are you 'safely" removing or ejecting the camera before powering off or disconnecting from the system?

See this for reference:

Safely remove hardware in Windows - Microsoft Support 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements