cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 suddenly unresponsive

lngndvs
Apprentice

While connected by USB to a computer, my refurbished EOS R7, purchased from Canon  9 months ago, just stopped responding.  I have replaced the battery, twice.  Not much else to say.  On the offhand chance this is something I can deal with, I am posting to ask whether this is a familiar problem to anyone here, before sending for in-warranty service.

To restate: the camera is dead, as far as I can tell.  Nothing is happening. 

Alan D

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried a new cable?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you provide a little more detail about "just stopped responding"

With the camera disconnected from the cable does it turn on, take photos and function?

Do you have Wi-Fi enabled when it's connected to the computer via cable?  If so, that needs to be off.

Tell us about your batteries, memory cards and lenses.  Are any adapters in use?  We need more details other than "just stopped responding".

What were you doing when this happened?

Thanks  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@lngndvs wrote:

While connected by USB to a computer, my refurbished EOS R7, purchased from Canon  9 months ago, just stopped responding.  I have replaced the battery, twice.  Not much else to say.  On the offhand chance this is something I can deal with, I am posting to ask whether this is a familiar problem to anyone here, before sending for in-warranty service.

To restate: the camera is dead, as far as I can tell.  Nothing is happening. 

Alan D

Welcome.

Was it recognized by the computer and then not recognized?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements