cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register EOS 5Ds. Serial number on camera matches original box, and it matches EXIF data.

halrobin2001
Apprentice

Hi.  I am trying to register my Canon 5Ds.  The serial number on bottom matches the original box.  And, I pulled the EXIF data and it also matches there.  And, based upon the third number in the Serial Number (2), this indicates it IS a U.S. item, which is where I am trying to register.  Canon Website says "Incorrect Product Serial Number".  Any ideas?

Thanks!
HR

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Robin and welcome to the forum:
It sounds like the system sees a mismatch between the model type (EOS 5Ds) and the serial number.  Just in case, can you please repeat the process again, and confirm that you have the right product and not something like the 5DsR, for example. 
If that does not work, I would suggest calling 800-OK-Canon to speak to a tech support person.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks. Definitely a 5Ds and not an sR. I’ve typed it in multiple times, copied/pasted so I’m certain it’s input correctly. Will try calling support I guess as next option as not sure what else could be. Maybe try different web browser??

click here to view the gallery
Announcements