cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP Is possible to turn off image review in the electronic viewfinder, but not the touch display.

sterlingb314
Apprentice

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to turn off image review in the electronic viewfinder, but not the display. I recently switched from DLSR to mirrorless (Canon RP) and I like the live view through the view finder, but still would like to review individual shots.

Birds in flight for example, if there is an image review in the view finder I find it hard to track them. But I also like the option to quickly review images.

4 REPLIES 4

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@sterlingb314 wrote:

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to turn off image review in the electronic viewfinder, but not the display. I recently switched from DLSR to mirrorless (Canon RP) and I like the live view through the view finder, but still would like to review individual shots.

Birds in flight for example, if there is an image review in the view finder I find it hard to track them. But I also like the option to quickly review images.

If the RP is like the R5 and 6, which it should be, you can do that.

Look in the Wrench 4 menu item "Display settings". See page 394 of your cameras user manual for further instructions.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Why not disable both displays?  Automatic review will only show you the last image.  If you wish to review multiple images, then you will need to use the [PLAY] button, anyway.  Besides, disabling automatic review saves battery power.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

amfoto1
Authority

What Waddizzle said...

I turn off all automatic image review in all my cameras. This saves a lot of battery power and prevents interruptions or distractions (i.e., "chimping"}. It's dead simple to manually call up the last image taken for review with the playback button. Depending upon the camera, I often also assign playback to the "Set" button when the camera is in the "shoot" mode, This way I can use either of my thumbs to play back the last image... leaving my left hand cradling the lens and ready to shoot quickly if needed. However, I'm not familiar with the control layout of the RP, so this may not be necessary or even possible.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2), EOS M5, some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sterlingb314,

Unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate the image review to that extent. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements