cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP Focus Point stays in lower left corner

DanKoh
Apprentice

I just bought my first Canon camera, so I'm unfamiliar with its idiosyncracies. For some reason, the AF focus point (or focus box) sits in the lower left corner and no control or arrov function moves it. One-shot AF is set. The lens is RF 24-240, set on focus, and mode is Av.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_SD
Whiz

@DanKoh wrote:

I just bought my first Canon camera, so I'm unfamiliar with its idiosyncracies. For some reason, the AF focus point (or focus box) sits in the lower left corner and no control or arrov function moves it. One-shot AF is set. The lens is RF 24-240, set on focus, and mode is Av.

Hit the delete button (garbage can icon). It should reposition the FP back to the center. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@DanKoh wrote:

Okay, this is your first Canon camera.  Is this your first camera, period?  If you are new to Canon, then I recommend that you download the advanced User Guide for your camera.  This will help you understand the advice that you may be given here.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... 

Meanwhile, I suggest that you set the camera to Automatic on the shooting dial, Green [A].

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This is probably my 15th camera; I've been taking pictures for 50 years. However, I just switched from Nikon. And yes, I have the advanced user's guide, which I've gone over thoroughly. I also did extensive google searches. I came here because I couldn't get an answer to my problem any other way.

Yes, changing the mode to A+ does solve the AF focus point problem. However, I've been shooting aperture-preferred for decades now, and intend to keep on doing so, so A+ is not a viable option.

John_SD
Whiz

@DanKoh wrote:

Hit the delete button (garbage can icon). It should reposition the FP back to the center. 

YES! That did it, thank you.

You did not study very hard. A search for "AF Point" brought me to this:

focus.jpg

Announcements