cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Histogram - How to keep Histogram displaying while making adjustments

mmills79
Contributor

Using the rear screen of the R7, I want to keep the Histogram on while making adjustments to exposure. It seems when you try to change aperture or shutter speed or EV (depending on your mode) .....the histogram turns off. How can you get the histogram to stay on while making these adjustments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mmills79
Contributor

Update: I noticed that the histogram remains visible IF you use the thumb wheels to make any kind of exposure change ......however, if you use the touch screen to make exposure changes, the histogram disappears.

I contacted Canon support. I made the request that they look into allowing the histogram to stay visible whilst you use the touch screen to make exposure changes. He thought that was a valid request so, maybe in some future firmware release Canon will find a solution to keep the histogram visible whilst using the touch screen. In the meantime, use the thumb wheels to make exposure adjustments and the histogram won't disappear.

I hope this helps everyone! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I believe you cannot.  My T5 did not allow it, which is a direct predecessor to the T7.  These are entry level cameras, with a minimum of features and functionality.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite

I'm seeing some notes in the EOS R7 User Manual regarding "Display Simulation".  e.g. on page 326, it seems that the histogram will be displayed.   "Display Simulation" is covered starting on page 306.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

mmills79
Contributor

Update: I noticed that the histogram remains visible IF you use the thumb wheels to make any kind of exposure change ......however, if you use the touch screen to make exposure changes, the histogram disappears.

I contacted Canon support. I made the request that they look into allowing the histogram to stay visible whilst you use the touch screen to make exposure changes. He thought that was a valid request so, maybe in some future firmware release Canon will find a solution to keep the histogram visible whilst using the touch screen. In the meantime, use the thumb wheels to make exposure adjustments and the histogram won't disappear.

I hope this helps everyone! 

Announcements