cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 owner of only 3 months concerned about new R6 Mark II Rollout

MrLover
Apprentice

Is Canon offering any type of incentive and/or buy-back on existing EOS R6 models if purchased within a specific time-frame? 

I've only owned my R6 since August 2022 and had I known that a Mark II model was even in the works, I would have held out and purchased the new release. I own 2 other camera body's previous to this (EOS R & the 5DMIV) and I feel like I am really missing out on some must have features.  Would love to know if Canon is doing anything about this for existing R6 owners. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We started hearing things about the the R6 mkII in late August. Might have been a little earlier.  I don't recall the exact date.

There isn't an incentive, upgrade or buy back program for product which are in current production. 

I'm excited about the mkII, but would like to see Canon discount the mkI a little further.  As it stands, the pricing is too close to incentivize someone to purchase a mkI when you can get a mkII for $200 more.  I would suggest you visit canon rumors dot com to keep yourself abreast of new product releases, etc.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Danfaz
Enthusiast

As Rick said, watch the rumor sites. They get wind of new releases months in advance.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements