cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 80D batteries be also used effectively in my R6 mark2?

Terry_R6mk2
Contributor

I own a Canon 80D DSLR camera which I love and still use as my back up camera to my other Canon R6 M2  Mirrorless. I also own 2 batteries each for each camera, however in the winter months I go out shooting in zero (-18 Celsius) and 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-15 Celsius)  I know that the cold drains a battery faster than hot.

I charge them all in the same charger. 

R6 mk2 = LP-E6NH

80D = LP-E6 

My question, has anyone's camera had any adverse effect or,  is there anything I should be concerned with if I do happen to use the 80D battery in the R6 mk2 or visa versa in the field? 

"Just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, just take another shot.” – Anonymous.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can use LP-E6NH batteries in both bodys.   You can use the LP-E6 in the R6mkII too, it just won't last as long.  I think its discontinued now or will be soon.    

I've started ordering LP-E6P's.  This is the newest battery for the R5 mkII.  It has a constant discharge rate of 6A.

Co-pilot and chat GPT say the E6P isn't backwards compatible with the R6mkII but I bet it is.  It works in my R5 C.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can use LP-E6NH batteries in both bodys.   You can use the LP-E6 in the R6mkII too, it just won't last as long.  I think its discontinued now or will be soon.    

I've started ordering LP-E6P's.  This is the newest battery for the R5 mkII.  It has a constant discharge rate of 6A.

Co-pilot and chat GPT say the E6P isn't backwards compatible with the R6mkII but I bet it is.  It works in my R5 C.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements