cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 focus point movement confusing

Betjothom
Contributor

I am trying to set up my R 5 for the first time. 
Im finding the focus point movement confusing. How do I get it to move using the toggle. I do not want to use the drag method.

2 REPLIES 2

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Betjothom wrote:

I am trying to set up my R 5 for the first time. 
Im finding the focus point movement confusing. How do I get it to move using the toggle. I do not want to use the drag method.

Welcome to the forum!

There are a couple of ways you can do this: 1) Press the Point Select button, then use the Multi-controller joystick to move the focus point. 2) Go to "Custom Function 3 (C.Fn3)" menu (orange camera) and select "Customize buttons". Then scroll down to the "Multi-controllers", press the "Set" button, then select "Direct AF point selection".

If you go option 2, I think it is Off by default, but I may have turned it off at some point. Once set, you just have to press the Multi-controller, then use it to position your focus point.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thank you so much. I was able to set it up using your instructions. So sorry the delayed thank you, I was having a hard time logging in and then we went out of town. 🙏

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements