cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Turkey Service Claims Water Damage

selcuk_kara
Apprentice

Hello.

ı bought new canon r6 mark2 after one year Camera started to send err80. I sent it to warranty Canon Euro-Asia after one week they ask nearly half price of camera because of liquid damage. But my camera never touch any liquid. I am trying to explain this they do not accept. My workmates using 7-8 years old nikon cameras at the same place noting hapening to their cameras. Why canon

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0221.jpeg

IMG_0220.jpeg

IMG_0219.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0214.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

First, I'm sorry about the issues you are experiencing.  However, the fact that I see rust on the viewfinder screw, debris in the camera's nooks and crannies, and moisture related corrosion on the PCB and internals leaves no doubt that the camera was exposed to excessive moisture.  Not sort of, kind of or maybe, but period.  Weather sealed does not mean water proof.  The condition of the body constitutes usage under extreme conditions.  Operation in this environment should have warranted a CarePak.  Just think, if you had one, you'd probably be holding a working camera now.  I am a consumer advocate and believe in warranty, but there is reasonable and customary, and there is extreme.  What I'm seeing.  It was exposed to moisture, and / or not stored properly.  Do you wipe it down after use?  I purchased a dry cabinet this year.  I love it.  Its set to 70* and 45% humidity.  I live in NorCal about a mile away from the ocean.  Its wet here. We have humidity too.  I am truly sorry, but your pictures tell the story and fate of your camera.  You have my sympathy.  Ultimately, I think this will be an expensive lesson.  I'm sorry it's happened.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I understand you but i am turism photographer my father and brother also photographer we likely every two year one canon body. When i look these cameras ı do not see these problems. People who work with me at the same places use nikon d810 and they also go boat tour and taking photos near the waterfalls. I have also moisture stone my locker but nothing helps this camera started oxidation in first one mounth. Why

Announcements