cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Crop mode selection

HenryKalb
Contributor

I am interested in a unique look of rounded images on a full frame sensor by using APC lenses. I want to be able to turn off crop mode when I mount an APC lens on a full frame camera. Please update the firmware to allow this. 

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can do it in post. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks John 👍  I was about to mention this.

I think there is an editing option for adding vignetting in DPP and possibly other post editors.

This would be a lot quicker and easier than trying to capture images like this.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I understand why you want this, but I wouldn't hold your breath...  In the meantime, I would support the suggestion from Rick about doing this in PP.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

If you use a 3rd Party APS-C lens like Sigma or Tamron, on a Full Frame camera, the 1.6 crop has to be manually selected in the menu.  If you leave it in Full Frame, you should see the effect you are looking for. 

A4E657CE-30CC-4267-B1B8-49A43DE8DA21.jpeg

FA395488-C387-47FC-B064-89331104D989.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you set to 1.6x crop mode, I thought that it should still capture a FF RAW image.  This setting only controls how the RAW image is displayed in post.  

However, ff you are saving as JPG, then the image will be saved fully cropped.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

anopticalmoose
Apprentice

Obviously perform at your own risk, but I just solved this for myself by placing a small amount of scotch tape on the contacts of my crop sensor lens. I was wanting to use the short focal length of one of my old aps-c lenses so just adding the vignette in post wasn't gonna fly for me.

Announcements