cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D - cannot replicate photo I took : set at 1 min intervals to take five shots.

pnm
Apprentice

I recently took a photo that shows the moon at five minute intervals. I set the camera up to take five photos at intervals of one minute. At the end it combined all five images into one in camera. Now I cannot get it to replicate that. I have read the manual forwards and backwards, but it seems one can take multiple exposure but must take each photo manually, or use the interval time but then you get a series of photos that you must combine with software on your computer. I have manages to get one photo right, so it must be able to be done  - merging photos in camera with the interval set in camera. Can anyone help me by telling me how to do it? Many thanks, Pete. PS: I feel pretty stupid having once got it right then not being able to remember how I did it!

3 REPLIES 3

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

pnm,

I have a T8i, so my results may not be the same as yours, but I played around with this a little, and here's what I came up with:

My camera has a Special Scene setting called, "Handheld Night Scene" The camera takes four consecutive shots that the camera then merges into 1 resulting picture. The downside here is that you have to a stopwatch or something and count down the 5 minutes yourself and then take another series of four shots.

The other approach is to go into another mode like Av mode or Tv mode and set your camera to take a series of 4 shots, then go back to your Handheld Night Scene mode and hit your shutter button. The camera will take a series of four shots and merge them, but the interval between the series of shots is only something like 2 seconds.

Like I said, your results may vary because your are using a different camera than mine.

Steve Thomas

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

pnm,

I ran across another setting in my camera that will let you do the same thing... sorta.

It's in the menu settings called "High Speed Noise Reduction" It lets you take 4 consecutive shots that the camera then merges into 1 picture. On my camera, it's #4 submenu under the main Still Shooting menu called High ISO speed NR. It's the last option labeled NR with a bunch of little boxes around it. If you set your camera to continuous shooting mode, it will take a series of 4 shots, spaced at 10 seconds apart. The downside is that 10 is the maximum number of consecutive series of shots you can take, and they are spaced 10 seconds apart - not the 1 minute you were looking for.

Steve Thomas

Did you try this?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART176867

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements