cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV focus assist without lenses.

albasdad
Contributor

Hello,

I used to know but forgot 😞 how to do magnification for focus assist without lenses.

With lenses attached and MF Assist allowed, it's simple - the magnification switches on automaticall when turning the focus ring on the lenses.

But, if the camera is attached to a telescope and there is no lenses (and focus ring)...

I know it's possible but cannot recall how...

Thanks for refreshing my (failing) memory

best regards

Andre Erlich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello albasdad,

The EOS 5D Mark IV has a magnifying button on the back on the camera to the left of the LCD screen, third button down. It looks like a magnifying glass on the button. Tapping that button brings up the magnifying frame on the screen. Each time you tap that button, the display will magnify more until finally going back to the original view. You can move the frame around using the joystick on the camera. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Arthur

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model camera you're using (Is it a EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark ll, lll, IV)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's Canon 5D Mark IV. 

thanks

andre

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello albasdad,

The EOS 5D Mark IV has a magnifying button on the back on the camera to the left of the LCD screen, third button down. It looks like a magnifying glass on the button. Tapping that button brings up the magnifying frame on the screen. Each time you tap that button, the display will magnify more until finally going back to the original view. You can move the frame around using the joystick on the camera. 

Announcements