cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 60D

fukimo
Apprentice

I am heading to Hong Kong from UK next week. I am looking to upgrade my camera body. I have a 24-105 f4 L lens with 50mm 1.8 plus other efs lens. I think is a right time to go full frame after having my first DSLR 60d for over 8 years. In HK, R6 is just over 14k in HKD and R6 MK2 is just over 18k which is about 400 GBP more. While r8 will probably cost the same as R6. I do still photos with my 8 years old girl and video logging for YouTube, which would be the best option? Is R6 mk2 worth the price difference? I am planning to stick with my current lens with the adapter and may use some of my efs lens like 10-22 USM or even my 16-300mm for now until I found a RF lens target.

4 REPLIES 4

krahe
Rising Star
Rising Star

I'm not sure that full frame R series bodies will automatically adjust to the image area available from an EF-S lens like they will for an RF-S. But either way you won't get as much out of an EF-S or RF-S lens on a full frame camera as you would on an APS-C sensor camera, unless the full frame camera has a significantly higher resolution sensor than that of the APS-C camera you're migrating from. This may also be of some help: https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/121745/canon-eos-r-or-r5-with-ef-s-lens

Kevin Rahe
EOS M50 Mark II

R series cameras automatically crop 1st Party Canon EF-S lenses and RF-S lenses. 3rd party APS-C lenses for the EF Mount won't crop automatically. Since most 3rd party lens manufacturers use the full frame EF Mount with an APS-C image circle instead of using 2 different mounts.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

If deciding to go with the R6, I would definitely go with the Mark II version.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The R6 is a good choice for Full Frame or the newer R6 Mark II paired with the EF-RF Mount adapter. But that depends on your budget.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements