cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Pixelated/Blank Images in Burst Mode

FSchleyhahn
Contributor

I have a Canon 5D Mark IV and am noticing "weird" images as shown in the attachment when shooting in burst mode.  Is this a sign of a bad memory card?  I'm getting ready to go on a trip and want to ensure I don't have any problems so I'm hoping someone could help me identify what this may be a symptom of.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.2024-03-09_16-51-39.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

You have a memory card problem. Not an image sensor problem. Replacing the memory card will likely solve this problem. So try a different memory card and see what happens.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Alan_Shelby
Apprentice

This indeed looks like because of a faulty SD Card issue which has led to image corruption or maybe, it can be because of outdated camera firmware that may have caused compatibility issue with your memory card. Anyways to fix these corrupted pictures you can try few manual methods like:

1. Rename the JPEG image files: Try renaming the files without changing the file extension. Simply save the image with a new name and then try to access it again.

2. Use Command Prompt: Type ‘cmd’ in the Windows search > Hit the Windows + R keys simultaneously > Type SFC/scan now’ in the box > Hit the Enter key. (After your computer restarts, you will find that the system has recovered the damaged photos. Now you can easily open and access the JPEG/JPG image files without interruptions.)

3. Recover with a Hex editor: If you can’t fix the JPEG file with the command prompt, try using a Hex editor. Such editors can recover the raw data of files to rectify issues caused due to missing bits. A few commonly used Hex editors are Cygnus, HxD, Neo, and Hex Workshop.

If none of the above methods work, consider reaching out to Professional Photo Repair Software. This tool restores corrupt JPEG/JPG headers & invalid file structures and can repair and multiple photos simultaneously.

Announcements