cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D movie format not supported on iPhone

equinegeorgia
Apprentice

Hello!

i have recently bought an eos 2000d and whenever i try and download videos onto my Iphone it says ‘format not supported’. I have searched for ages and i cannot find a solution! Photos download perfectly fine is just seems to be videos. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

I responded to your question on the other topic.  See https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-DSLR-Mirrorless-Cameras/EOS-2000D-Camera-Connect-Video-Downlo...

Though here's a copy of that response for reference:

It will depend upon what format your camera is capturing the video.  I believe that most non-dedicated video equipment may end up using formats that are not directly sharable with mobile devices.  To include Apple's MOV format which is a bit ironic.

For any camera, cinema camera or camcorder that can directly create H.264 or H.265 (aka HEVC) video clips, they should be directly sharable with your iPhone.  However, if the files created are MOV, MXF or some other format meant more for editing, you'd first need to send the clips to a computer and export them as a sharable format.  e.g. by using applications such as Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, etc.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, equinegeorgia!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

rs-eos
Elite

I responded to your question on the other topic.  See https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-DSLR-Mirrorless-Cameras/EOS-2000D-Camera-Connect-Video-Downlo...

Though here's a copy of that response for reference:

It will depend upon what format your camera is capturing the video.  I believe that most non-dedicated video equipment may end up using formats that are not directly sharable with mobile devices.  To include Apple's MOV format which is a bit ironic.

For any camera, cinema camera or camcorder that can directly create H.264 or H.265 (aka HEVC) video clips, they should be directly sharable with your iPhone.  However, if the files created are MOV, MXF or some other format meant more for editing, you'd first need to send the clips to a computer and export them as a sharable format.  e.g. by using applications such as Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, etc.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements