cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display screen upside down

tjamrose
Contributor

Today when I was out taking pictures, I put my display screen back but it was all upside down. The text is upside down and the display pictures as well. I checked my menu and the auto rotate is set to on. I turned it off to see if it would fix it and it did not work. I also powered off and took out the battery and it did not fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

John_
Authority

What camera model do you have?

In the meantime go to your settings and perform a reset to defaults for starters

tjamrose
Contributor
I will do that. I have a rebel t6i

Auto rotate only comes into play when you are taking shots with the camera in a vertical position so that the displayed image will be vertical too so I do not think that is your problem.

tjamrose
Contributor
Right, the screen us just upside down

Is the image upside down when the screen is pulled out or only when it is folded back into the camera?

tjamrose
Contributor
Only when folded back into the camera. I did reset from the menu and nothing changed

It could be your screen orientation sensor has failed. There is a youtube video for the 60D camera which shows another possible problem and solution, I don't know if it applies to the T6 but it looks like a simple fix.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DPBDk4ZVJU

tjamrose
Contributor
Thanks for your help. I think it is a sensor. Lucky for me I can return it thru amazon.

That is good news!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements