cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new folder for focus bracketing for EOS R5

JimFeet
Contributor

This question was first posted back in 2020 but the questioner ended up figuring it out himself but never explained his solution so I'm re-posting here because I have the same question:

On page 242 of the R5 manual, at the end of the section on focus bracketing, the manual says that the user can create a new folder by pressing an icon that looks like a folder with a + sign. Where is that icon? I have searched the manual and the screens displayed on the camera and I cannot find that icon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I've attached a screen grab of page 755 of the R5's Advanced User Guide. You just need to scroll over to Wrench 1 and create a new folder and set it to current. It just takes a few seconds. Once you select "Folder" at the bottom of step 2, you will get more options. I have folders already made so I just select an empty folder and shoot my stack. Just don't forget to go back and change to your main folder when done, LOL!

R5 Folders.jpg

Newton

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

It works for me.  I enabled it and press [INFO] until this screen appeared.

87149EE1-4873-4FF9-9310-B3B14A96F63B.jpeg

The icon you want is on the lower left.  There is an icon that appears when it is enabled on the upper left.

[EDIT] You must have “Touch Control” enabled!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

<snipped image>

The icon you want is on the lower left.  There is an icon that appears when it is enabled on the upper left.

Great catch! Now if Canon would include that in the Bracketing directions. It's obvious to me that they are assuming you would be using one of the Live View screens to stack. I always use the EVF, so I've never noticed the "Create Folder" icon. It also appears to be tied to the Focus Bracketing feature as it only shows when it is enabled. It's not there under normal shooting settings, either by toggling through INFO or using the Q button, at least that's the way it's working on my R5.

Newton

@FloridaDrafter wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

<snipped image>

Great catch! Now if Canon would include that in the Bracketing directions. It's obvious to me that they are assuming you would be using one of the Live View screens to stack. I always use the EVF, so I've never noticed the "Create Folder" icon. It also appears to be tied to the Focus Bracketing feature as it only shows when it is enabled. It's not there under normal shooting settings, either by toggling through INFO or using the Q button, at least that's the way it's working on my R5.

Newton

The icon is a “Touch Control”.  This is why you must enable it before you can see the icon on the rear LCD.  Being a “Touch Control” is probably why it does not appear in the EVF.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements