cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control ring not working on R50

elserch
Apprentice

Hello All,

I just bought a Canon EOS R50. I received it a couple of days ago and so far I'm really happy and impressed with the functionality of this camera (I'm not a pro of course). I just tried to configure the control ring but it does not seem to work with any configuration. I tried them all and also checked some videos to make sure I'm doing this right. The configuration on the camera seems to be correct but when I move the ring just nothing happens. I'm wondering if I received a defective camera or lens (RF 18-45) and need to apply warranty or if I may be doing anything wrong. Any of you have experienced any issue like this? Any suggestion?

Thank you

Sergio A. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Sergio, and welcome to the forum!

Did you enable the control ring, in camera, before trying to configure it?

R50 Control Ring-1.jpg

Newton

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

First and foremost, the control ring is a “control by wire” control.  That means it is not mechanicianly connected to anything.  The camera must be “awake” for it to work.  This means the metering system and AF system must be active for the lens control ring to function.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Sergio, and welcome to the forum!

Did you enable the control ring, in camera, before trying to configure it?

R50 Control Ring-1.jpg

Newton

Hi Newton,

Thank you for this information, I had missed this little part 🙂

Since I saw some lenses that have a physical switch on the barrel to control this option, I did not expect this configuration to be required in the camera for this lens. It is working perfectly now.

Thank you

Sergio

You are very welcome.

Newton

click here to view the gallery
Announcements