cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting sound board (mixer) to Eos R10

Teeder
Apprentice

I’ve just received the EOS R10 and would like to know if others have had any experience connecting a sound board. I’m presuming the mixer would connect via the 3.5 mm input on the camera, meaning I’m reducing the 1/4” or XLR from the mixer to fit the 3.5 mm.  Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Right, understood. Will look into this. Thanks Ricky. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you read the specifications for your camera?  It does not appear to have an input for an external microphone.  It has “Audio Out”, but no audio/mic input.  I believe you will need an external recorder.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Wad. Yes, the camera does have a 3.55 Jack which can be used as an input for external mic or sound board.

Perhaps this is a typo…..04E9D439-4FA2-4BCA-832B-DA7854FA1A8B.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Indeed it is a typo as the manual makes clear.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What are you trying to accomplish?  The camera's 3.5mm jack is for input (typically a microphone).  Are you wanting to output signals from the mixer into the camera?  Or are you wanting to feed audio out from the camera to the mixer?  The camera doesn't have any audio output.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for your quick reply Ricky. Yes, I am looking to live stream music with vocals, so need to have balance control of vocals and instruments. So, output from mixer into camera.

Note that it is a microphone input and you may need to attenuate the output of the mixer.

I'm not sure if that would work as I don't see any settings for audio input regarding line level input (I'm assuming the mixer would output line level signals).

Since there's a difference between line level and mic level regarding current (line being higher and mic being lower), I would not risk hooking up the mixer to the camera's mic input.  Unless you'd know for sure that the mixer can output a signal for mic-level inputs.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Right, understood. Will look into this. Thanks Ricky. 

Announcements