cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 ERR 70 Message + losing images

NattyA
Apprentice

Hi there. I am experiencing the dreaded ERR 70 on my Canon EOS R5 just purchased at Christmas with a Canon Mount adaptor EF-EOS R. Whenever the error occurs I lose all the photos that I’ve previously taken. This occurred at a wedding I was shooting last week where the error happened right after the bride and grooms entrance and I lost all the photos of their entrance as a result! I have another wedding to shoot this weekend and I’m terrified to use this camera!! 

I’ve been back to CameraHouse where I purchased it 4 times now to try to rectify the issue to no avail. First they told me it could be the memory card so I dropped $400 on a new Sandisk Extreme Pro 300MB card. Then they said it could be the firmware so I updated the firmware and same issue. I’m hesitant to go and fork out more $$$ for an RF lens as reading on canon forums, this doesn’t always fix the issue. 

I also have multiple shoots a week and can’t find a free block of time to send the thing off. 

I’m feeling super frustrated that this very expensive camera has given me nothing but issues. Does anyone have any answers?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"I also have multiple shoots a week and can’t find a free block of time to send the thing off. "

Given what appears to be a significant risk to your reputation and business my suggestion (not a Canon rep) would be to rent a replacement camera and send yours to Canon for evaluation. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You’re right. I just hope the replacement isn’t behaving in the same way. I do still have my 5D Miii I could revert to. I guess I just keep hoping it’ll stop happening on its own but it’s not the case. 

What are you exactly doing when the camera throws an error 70 code. My friend had this same problem and hers was the mount adapter. The camera never locked up with RF lenses. But it failed with adapted EF lenses. Since you mentioned wedding photography how dark is it. Low light and low contrast can be tricky situations for the camera's AF system. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Can you please start a new forum. This cuts down on confusion between forum and the OP. You may have the same symptoms of a problem. But different things that may solve the problem.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

alonsovillamil
Apprentice

Hey you there, do you can solve the message Error 70? I just bought a R5C and turn on that message appears on screen, that's is so frustrating.

Announcements