cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to upgrade from EOS 2000D

Cav08721
Apprentice

I am looking to up grade from my eos 2000d  and not sure which way to go mirror less or stay the same

4 REPLIES 4

March411
Rising Star

It really all depends on your budget. Body, lens and accessories what are you looking to spend?

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
Personal Gallery

rs-eos
Elite

Please provide a budget as well as what lenses you already own and if you wan to continue using them or wish to also purchase new lenses.

Additionally, please provide the types of images you like to create.

When coming up with a budget, there can be items that are needed beyond camera and lenses.  See the following topic for details: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Discussion/Photography-Budget-Considerations/td-p/461506

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

What is it that you cannot do with your EOS 2000D that makes you want to upgrade?  Knowing that, along with budget, what you produce (social media, small prints, etc.) along with do you take only stills or video? Finally, as my colleagues have already alluded to, precisely what lenses do you currently have, by which I mean everything written on the front of your lens except filter size:
Tronhard_0-1706584036198.png

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Budgets are nice of course but the fact remains camera gear cots money.  If you are going to play the game there is a cost. The likely best deal for you is EOS R50 RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit.

EOS R50 kit  <-- click me 

ebiggs1_0-1708271612636.png

This a pretty much level upgrade going from a Rebel T7. The cost or budget is what it is and if not in the cards right now stick with your Rebel T7.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements