cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 Bluetooth Intervalometer

Fanchphoto
Apprentice

Why does canon shut down the R5 intevelomitor when Bluetooth is on? I wanted to use it for self family shots by starting it with my phones canon app? Can canon please update it so the app can use it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings, Fanchphoto

The option to not allow the intervalometer to function while Bluetooth is enabled is a decision that has been made by our engineers and product designers in Japan. In the meantime, I can submit your feedback to our engineers for consideration and may be incorporated in future updates. Please note that decisions to incorporate a particular camera design are made by our engineers and product designers in Japan, based on a number of factors. Consumer demand, technological limitations, and customer feedback are all taken into consideration.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings, Fanchphoto

The option to not allow the intervalometer to function while Bluetooth is enabled is a decision that has been made by our engineers and product designers in Japan. In the meantime, I can submit your feedback to our engineers for consideration and may be incorporated in future updates. Please note that decisions to incorporate a particular camera design are made by our engineers and product designers in Japan, based on a number of factors. Consumer demand, technological limitations, and customer feedback are all taken into consideration.

Announcements