cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Eos R embedded preview

hertishaka
Apprentice

Hi, 

so I know that my camera shows me jpeg preview of the photos i take both in the viewfinder and liveview but htere is a very big difference from what I see in camera and in lightroom. My photos (Raw files) look way overexposed in lightroom than what I see in camera. I just want to be able to expose correctly. If anyone got any advice I would appreciate it. 

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What settings are you using in Lightroom in terms of the profile that will be used?  In mine, I use "Camera Faithful" so as to start with a very basic image as captured by the Camera.  i.e. no Adobe or other processing applied.   This does force me to do more work though to get to final results.  Perhaps you are using a similar setting?

Though I've not seen cases where the RAW would be overexposed vs the JPEG.  Can you post an example of what you're seeing?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

canon.PNG

left is what i see in lightroom and right is what i would be seeing on camera

i use the auto picture procfile in camera and adobe standart in lightroom because i have never had this problem before

Download free Canon Digital Photo Professional from the Canon site and open the RAW in DPP.

That will tell you if its a Lr issue.

You could also select Reset in Lr in case a setting was inadvertently applied in Lr.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements