cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D making noise while turning ON & OFF

bnvino
Apprentice

Hi All,

 

I bought a Cannon 80d, 3 months back. It is making a noise when turning ON and OFF (auto sensor cleaning).

 

I have uploaded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7NDiMXAyQ&feature=youtu.be

 

Can anyone help regarding this.

 

Best Regards

Vinith

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend

I couldn't hear anything, but that just might be your microphone, or my speakers..  If it is still under warranty, send it into Canon.  It could be something as simple as dust, dirt, or some other type of foreign object, but let them check it, anyway.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Johnw1
Enthusiast
I checked it out on my Canon 80D and yes it makes a noise like the one in the video. Its very faint on my camera. You must have had the mic very close and the gain way up to record it.

Nice job of recording.


@Johnw1 wrote:
I checked it out on my Canon 80D and yes it makes a noise like the one in the video. Its very faint on my camera. You must have had the mic very close and the gain way up to record it.

Nice job of recording.

Okay.  My YouTube audio defaults to OFF.  

Like I said, if in doubt, let Canon to C&C, clean and check, of the camera.  While they have it, ask them to check the AF sensor alignment for AFMA adjustments.  I have sent cameras in before, and they do not touch AFMA unless I specifically ask them to do so.  I guess they see settings have been saved, and do not wish to disturb anything.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."


@Waddizzle wrote:

@Johnw1 wrote:
I checked it out on my Canon 80D and yes it makes a noise like the one in the video. Its very faint on my camera. You must have had the mic very close and the gain way up to record it.

Nice job of recording.

Okay.  My YouTube audio defaults to OFF.  

Like I said, if in doubt, let Canon to C&C, clean and check, of the camera.  While they have it, ask them to check the AF sensor alignment for AFMA adjustments.  I have sent cameras in before, and they do not touch AFMA unless I specifically ask them to do so.  I guess they see settings have been saved, and do not wish to disturb anything.


When I take cameras to Canon to be cleaned, they always seem to reset them to factory settings. So write down your AFMA settings first. In fact, I find it convenient to keep them in a spreadsheet.

 

And don't forget to set the camera back to RAW mode! The default is JPEG. (I've made that mistake twice!)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Actually you can hear the noise from 10-15 metres away. 


@bnvino wrote:

Actually you can hear the noise from 10-15 metres away. 


Not good.  Get a warranty check up on that.  Make sure your battery is properly charging up, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the all the suggestions. I will check with canon.


@bnvino wrote:

Actually you can hear the noise from 10-15 metres away. 


I hear it from 8 metres with my 7D.

philogik
Contributor

I have exacly the same problem 😞

Announcements
01/18/2023: New firmware version 1.1.1 is available for EOS R6 Mark II
01/09/2023: Help ensure your autofocus is properly aligned with a Canon Precision Alignment
01/03/2023: Welcome to CES 2023!
12/08/2022: New firmware version 1.0.5.1 is available for EOS C70
12/07/2022: New firmware version 1.7.0 is available for EOS R5
12/07/2022: New firmware version 1.7.0 is available for EOS R6
11/22/2022: New firmware available for EOS R3, EOS R7 and EOS R10
11/16/2022: We're thrilled to be ranked among the Best Employers for Veterans in 2022 by Forbes.
08/31/2022: New firmware version 1.1.1 is available for RF 70-200mm L IS USM
08/09/2022: New firmware version 1.2.0 is available for CR-N 300
08/09/2022: New firmware version 1.2.0 is available for CR-N 500
07/14/2022: New firmware version 1.0.1 is available for CR-X300
06/10/2022: Service Notice:UPDATE: Canon Inkjet Printer continuous reboot loop or powering down
06/07/2022: New firmware version 1.3.2 is available for PowerShot G7 X Mark III
05/31/2022: Did someone SAY Badges?
05/26/2022: New firmware version 1.0.5.1 is available for EOS-C500 Mark II
05/26/2022: New firmware version 1.0.3.1 is available for EOS-C300 Mark III
05/10/2022: Keep your Canon gear in optimal condition with a Canon Maintenance Service
05/05/2022: We are excited to announce that we have refreshed the ranking scale within the community!
04/26/2022: New firmware version 1.0.1.1 is available for EOS R5 C
03/23/2022: New firmware version 1.0.3.1 is available for EOS-C70
02/09/2022: Share Your Photos is back!
02/07/2022: New firmware version 1.6.1 is available for EOS-1DX Mark III
01/19/2022: READY FOR ANYTHING EOS-R5 C
01/13/2022: Community Update. We will be retiring the legacy profile avatars on 01/20/2022. Click this link to read more.