cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70 d

Vincent72
Apprentice
When I view the picture after I took, but show up with the focus frame (it is square) in the picture, and different picture with different frame, wire. Could someone give me hand, Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

@Vincent72 wrote:
When I view the picture after I took, but show up with the focus frame (it is square) in the picture, and different picture with different frame, wire. Could someone give me hand, Thanks

You are probably talking about this....in that case, just go to the menu and turn it off.

 

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17


@Waddizzle wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

C'mon we have a betting pool here. Was anyone in this thread even close?


I had suspected that the OP was referring to the AF points display, and how they may change from one shot to the next.


It's obvious that the OP didn't make himself understood because his English wasn't up to the task. But I'll never ridicule someone on linguistic grounds when, as in this case, his command of my language is conspicuously superior to my command of his.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA


@RobertTheFat wrote:

It's obvious that the OP didn't make himself understood because his English wasn't up to the task. But I'll never ridicule someone on linguistic grounds when, as in this case, his command of my language is conspicuously superior to my command of his.


How do you know his English is not native? It sounds native to me, just not very coherent :).  I have a nephew, a college grad who is even less coherent than this... I'm thinking Waddizzle is right, he's talking about the focus point display...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

 


@diverhank wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

It's obvious that the OP didn't make himself understood because his English wasn't up to the task. But I'll never ridicule someone on linguistic grounds when, as in this case, his command of my language is conspicuously superior to my command of his.


How do you know his English is not native? It sounds native to me, just not very coherent :).  I have a nephew, a college grad who is even less coherent than this... I'm thinking Waddizzle is right, he's talking about the focus point display...


While admitting that I have no proof, I stand by my original assessment.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA


@diverhank wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

It's obvious that the OP didn't make himself understood because his English wasn't up to the task. But I'll never ridicule someone on linguistic grounds when, as in this case, his command of my language is conspicuously superior to my command of his.


How do you know his English is not native? It sounds native to me, just not very coherent :).  I have a nephew, a college grad who is even less coherent than this... I'm thinking Waddizzle is right, he's talking about the focus point display...


You were right, not Waddizzle. He chose your grid answer as the solution. 

seatrek
Apprentice

I turned on my Canon 70D and although it will turn on, none of the functions will work. It's like it is frozen. The LCD panel displays, but the following will not work:

  • none of the buttons work to change the settings on the LCD screen
  • Menu will not appear
  • Info screen does not appear
  • Live view shooting does not work
  • Auto focus will not work

This has happened twice over the past few days.  If I wait about 1/2 hour and turn camera back on. Everything works. I also tried changing out the batteries and the chip. 

 

I'm currently on vacation and really don't want this thing to die a slow death. 

 

Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

More than likely its done.  At the least you can't trust it any more. So, that pretty much says its done, too. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!

Canon has a recall for certain power problems with a 70D for a free fix. It may be worth a call to see if yours is covered. Did you see an Error 70 or 80 at any time?

No, I did not see any type of error message.  I'll reach out to Canon to see if my camera qualifies for the recall. 

Announcements