cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D won't connect since upgrading to EOS Utility v3

BobBrandt
Apprentice

I have an EOS 70D camera, which I operate remotely from my computer. I am a professional artist and use the camera to photograph artwork from my computer in my near-by office. It has often been hard to connect the camera to my LAN - via my router - but I am now quite unable to do this, apparently because of a problem at the linking stage. I have been using EOS Utility version 2 - the original one which came with the camera but have been told to upgrade this to version 3. This does not seem to be compatible with the camera and fails to complete the link to the computer (running Windows 11). What version of Utility should I be using, and why does the camera not link with the computer using the automatic process?

3 REPLIES 3

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Bob,

The issue of EOS Utility version 3 being incompatible with the 70D was addressed back in 2021 and 2022 on this forum. See here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/EOS-Utility-3-does-not-recognize-EOS-70D/m-p/3397...

I don't know if things have changed since then.

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

As SteveT mentioned, it's been awhile since I've kept up with supported camera models.

The 70D is not supported under the EOS utility 3. You need to run the older version. EOS Utility 2

It has to be started manually from the applications folder under program files.  EOS utility folder.

Version 3.15.10 includes eu2 and the 70D is listed as supported.

If I remember correctly, the 70D is now 11 years old. I believe it's end of life.  With a little patience you should be able to get it to work. 🙂

Hope this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick.

Given the difference in the description wording I think 3.13.10 might be a better version. (13.10 says EOSU2 will be updated, 15.10 doesn't say that.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements