cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 - Cumulative firmware updates?

MattAndPhotos
Apprentice

For Canon Community,

I have an EOS R10 currently on Firmware version 1.3.0. I am trying to update the firmware through Canon Camera Connect on Galaxy S24 Ultra and there it states version 1.4.0, and firmware cannot be updated. It always ends at "Firmware could not be updated" or something... I am resorting to cable-updating through a windows computer through EOS Utility. Does my camera need to update to version 1.4.0 first or can I update straight to 1.5.0? I have been searching around Canon software and firmware stuff for a bit and I don't see firmware 1.4.0. 

Thank you for your time in writing a response

Warm regards,

Matthew.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Matthew,

Firmware updates are cumulative, so you can go from 1.3.0 > 1.5.0, skipping 1.4.0. (which does exist) 😃

The safest and most reliable way to upgrade firmware is by using a card reader and copying the .FIR file to the root of your freshly formatted SD card. This should be performed in camera. 

This takes the other variables out of the equation.  (EOS Utility & CC App).  When you see this type of error, it might indicate the presence of a previous firmware (.FIR) file on your SD card.  A communication issue can also cause this.  If you have not formatted the card before the update is attempted, please do so.  Your camera should be in P, M or another non fully automatic shooting mode.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements