cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change modes T3

fcchief
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel T3. Here is the problem, when first turning camera on I can change modes, but after taking one photo, in order to change modes I have to turn the camera off then back on again. Frustrating to say the least. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. If it is not something the is easily fixable my sell it and get a newer model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Just so we are clear...  when you say "modes" are you referring to Auto, P, Tv, AV, etc? 

Start by resetting the camera to defaults.  Remove the lens and retest.  What are the results?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Just so we are clear...  when you say "modes" are you referring to Auto, P, Tv, AV, etc? 

Start by resetting the camera to defaults.  Remove the lens and retest.  What are the results?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, If I start in Auto and take a couple pics then try to change to say Sport mode I have to turn the camera off, then on, then I can change to Sport mode but after that if I want to go to say Creative Auto mode then I have to turn it off and on, then select Creative Auto mode. I will try the reset and report back. Thank You!
Pat

Had to do some digging since I could not find the process in the user maual (paper copy) but did a reset and all works as designed!! Thank you very much, saved me from having to buy a new camera!! Appreciate it Rick!
Pat

Announcements