cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Factory rest

Senathipathi_j
Contributor

Hi

I am Using cannon Eos 1300d (Rebel t6). Now it showing “This function is not selectable in the current shooting mode” in all mode. If I try to factory rest “Clear all setting” not showing. How to reset my camera? Using computer? 

12 REPLIES 12

Senathipathi_j
Contributor

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-17 at 1.05.32 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-17 at 1.05.33 AM.jpeg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You have not told us what shooting mode yo are using.   ???

Some functions are features are disabled or enabled in different shooting modes.  In order to reset the camera, that menu option only appears in the Creative Shooting Modes: P, Tv, Av, or M.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

In Madual mode can not open settings 

Switch to P mode and then try. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would advise you to never use any of the fully automatic modes. That is the number one reason you buy a DSLR and not just use your iphone. Control. Number two is interchangeable lenses. But learn what they do and how they work.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You are talking out of the topic and diverting other persons form answering.

This is not off-topic. You're shooting in "Flash Off" mode in your photo above, which is a fully automatic mode other than flash is disabled. Please reference your manual to learn the different modes and how to reset your camera. You can find it HERE.

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is urgent, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

Please click HERE to find your support options if you're outside of the USA. 

Are you saying this is the answer to the question I asked? AS ebiggs1 advises his puppy assistant who have been photographing in flash off mode all his life, he is teaching me the lesson of “What are the benefits of buying a DSLR camera?”. He should have asked me "what does it show in mode". But he is teaching me a lesson and also confusing others. You come to it heroically and say “ebiggs1 is not taking out of the topic”. I understand that your understanding power is just that. Note: It has been 4 days since I give my camera to the master service centre. 

bellow screen shot is corroct approach. I can not find any clue how you said ebiggs1 reply is not off-topic? Can you explain? You and ebiggs1 are treating and displaying me in a public forum as immature.

Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 1.50.29 AM.png

Announcements