cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the zoom lenses II use on my Canon EOS Rebel X 35mm camera on the Rebel digital body

gordom
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS RebelX 35 mm camera with two zoom lenses, Canon 35-80mm and Promaster 70-300mm. Both are auto-focus. Will these lenses work on the Canon Rebel digital camera body?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Both lenses will fit and the Canon should work fine. The Promaster may have a problem; some third party lenses have chip communication issues. Just try it and see.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am looking to purchase a EOS Rebel T5 and am facing the same challenge. Gordon - Did you try your Promaster? How is it working?

The Promaster is not worthy of a Rebel T5.  Don't waste your time.  IMHO, as always. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi ebiggs1.

Thank you! Honesty is the best policy and LOL on the 'not worthy'.

Regards,

Romer

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The Promaster is not worthy of a Rebel T5.  Don't waste your time.  IMHO, as always. Smiley Happy

What does it take for a lens to be worthy of a T5? That's not exactly a high-end camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"What does it take for a lens to be worthy of a T5? That's not exactly a high-end camera."

Yes sir, you are correct!  The T5 is not Canon's top of the line.  But Promaster is at the bottom of lenses.  The T5 is can take outstanding photos but not when equipped with junk.  Don't waste your money just because the budget may be tight.  That usually winds up costing you more in the end!  Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi,

Want to thank all of your for you expert opinions. I consider myself one step up from a novice! The T5 should work well for me and my requirements. I have decided to move forward with the T5 and new 300mm lens. I am mothballing the Promaster and my old Canon Rebel EOS 2000! 

Romer

Announcements