cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still tether my 5D1 to my computer?

boristhemoggy
Enthusiast

I'm trying to tether my 5D to Windows, but even EOS Utlities v2 won't see it. 
Does anyone know what I need to tether it to Windows please? I'm trying to remote shoot.

31 REPLIES 31

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I assume it works to transfer images. Have you tried a different cable?

Tried 3 cables. It worked before I put the latest version on.

Doesn't look like latest version supports 5D Mark I.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Doesn't look like latest version supports 5D Mark I.

Capture.JPG

Or any member of the 1D series before Mark III. I think I'd be rather upset if I'd bought one of those puppies, given the prices they were charging for them then.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"Tried 3 cables. It worked before I put the latest version on. " (Emphasis added)

Or check before you update to be sure the later software supports your device. The Canon site for the 5D doesn't show an update for EOS Utility.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

If you are using Windows, you should be able to rollback an application update pretty easily.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

If you are using Windows, you should be able to rollback an application update pretty easily.

Yes, but that may not solve your problem. If you also have a more modern camera, you may want a more recent release of EOSU 2. While you can have both EOSU2 and EOSU 3 on the computer at the same time, you can't have two copies of EOSU 2.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I've already got EOS U 2 and 3 on my computer but neither are now seeing the 5D. I've found another way though, I simply take shots on the 5D, then put the card into the 5DSR and tether it to transfer the photos, seems to work.

If you have a 5DSr, then I assume that it uses EOSU-3.  Roll back EOSU-2 for the 5D1.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements