cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7: Camera freezes, have to take battery out to reset.

JWA
Apprentice

I have brand new Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera. I run Tamron lenses with a Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R 

Video works fine but when I take a picture the shutter goes off and it's like it freezes, red light stay on in the back. Camera won't turn off, you have to pop battery out.

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What happens if you use a different lens on the camera. Do you have any other Canon brand EF or EF-S lenses to test out to see if the problems still persists. Do you own any RF or RF-S lenses that you could try out too. What is the full name of the Tamron lens that you're trying to use. Also which EF-RF Mount adapter are you using Canon has released 3 of them. The basic one, control ring, or the one filters can be installed in. The link you provided for the mount adapter doesn't work.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - Canon EF Fit

StevenMOD_0-1714613419469.png

[Link removed per Community guidelines]

Do you have Canon brand EF or EF-S lenses to test out. The Tamron lens is an older lens which maybe incompatible with newer EOS R series cameras. Only Canon can guarantee compatibility with their own EF and EF-S when adapted to EOS R series cameras. It's on the 3rd Party manufacturer to make their lenses work on Canon cameras. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thank you.

Announcements