cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7: Camera freezes, have to take battery out to reset.

JWA
Apprentice

I have brand new Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera. I run Tamron lenses with a Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R 

Video works fine but when I take a picture the shutter goes off and it's like it freezes, red light stay on in the back. Camera won't turn off, you have to pop battery out.

9 REPLIES 9

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What happens if you use a different lens on the camera. Do you have any other Canon brand EF or EF-S lenses to test out to see if the problems still persists. Do you own any RF or RF-S lenses that you could try out too. What is the full name of the Tamron lens that you're trying to use. Also which EF-RF Mount adapter are you using Canon has released 3 of them. The basic one, control ring, or the one filters can be installed in. The link you provided for the mount adapter doesn't work.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - Canon EF Fit

StevenMOD_0-1714613419469.png

[Link removed per Community guidelines]

Do you have Canon brand EF or EF-S lenses to test out. The Tamron lens is an older lens which maybe incompatible with newer EOS R series cameras. Only Canon can guarantee compatibility with their own EF and EF-S when adapted to EOS R series cameras. It's on the 3rd Party manufacturer to make their lenses work on Canon cameras. 

-Demetrius
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM

Thank you.

I have the same issue and I have a new Canon 70-200 matching lens to my mirrorless camera.  Is there a fix to this issue that you know of?

Can you please start your thread so we can better assist you.

-Demetrius

Thanks.  I did.  Newbie, sorry.

Hi @SimpleS:
Definitely, you should have your own thread so we can concentrate on your specific situation - which is different from @JWA's.  Also, when people share a thread, it leads to cross-conversations that result in general confusion and frustration for all.  If you decide to do so, please describe your issue and the gear as specifically as possible.  For example, there are multiple Canon 70-200 lenses, dating back over 20 years and we have no idea what you mean by 'matching'.  All this deserves its own thread.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks, I did.  Newbie, sorry

Announcements