cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulb setting in manual mode?

Clj1999
Contributor
How do you turn bulb setting on and off in the manual mode on Canon 6D? It keeps showing up and I'm not sure what I pressed to make it happen and I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it off.
15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

BULB is just another shutter speed. Turn wheel near shutter button.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

When I turn the dial it adjusts the aperture 😞 It appears when I look at the LCD the mode says B even though the mode dial is set to M

Sorry. Misread camera model.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Turn the knob on the left side of the camera off of "B".  Bulb is a manual mode.  Turn it to "P" or some other than "B" or "M".

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

When I change the modes on the mode dial it skips over m and reads b (bulb mode). When I twist it to Av it shows up as C1p. It seems that it will only switch into p, b, c1p and c2p modes regardless of what is selected on the mode dial.

You mean when the knob is set to "P" something other than Program shows on the menu screen?

Reset the the camera to factory by removing all bateries for a while, over night is good.  You should have to reset the date.  If not it didn't reset.

Then "Clear all settings" from the Menu screen.  Otherwise I think it is going to need service.

EB

Yes, when I set it to manual the LCD screen reads bulb, when the mode dial is set to scn the LCD reads c2p, ca is p, av is c1p, etc. unfortunately I don't think I can reset it all because I can't find access to the button battery (the one that powers the clock/date) on the 6D. Simply taking out the camera battery and replacing it does nothing either.

You are right.  removing the main battery will not work.

The EOS 6D features a date/time battery that keeps the internal clock running so you don’t have to reset the date and time regularly. However, unlike the battery found in other EOS models, the EOS 6D has a rechargeable backup battery that recharges from the LP-E6 main cell and will go several months between charges. So, this won't work.
So do this t
o restore your camera settings to the factory default:

1. Press the Menu button.

The previously used menu displays.

2. Use the Multi-controller to navigate to the Camera Settings 4 tab.

3. Use the Multi-controller or the Quick Control dial to highlight Clear All Camera Settings and then press Set.

A dialog box appears, asking you to confirm that you want to clear all settings. Make sure you have thought about this and have any important material backed up elsewhere.

image0.jpg
  4. Use the Multi-controller or the Quick Control dial to highlight OK and then press Set.This must be done before you can decide whether there is a problem with the camera or some setting you changed and either didn't realize it or set something wrong on purpose.

EB

Thank you for this information, unfortunately I have tried that multiple times and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I am still unae to select certain modes on the camera by turning the mode dial.
Announcements