cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new EOS R5 Mark II bugs/ sensor issues ?

naroor
Apprentice

I received my Canon R5 MarkII this afternoon and went to take some pictures at the local Hindu temple in Utah. It was quite sunny and shot all my shots in AV more, Auto ISO ! Here are some pictures which came out super weird and destroyed the entire image - Took 800 pictures but close to 25 pictures were like this . Does anybody have seen similar issues with Canon R5 mark 01 or mark II ? I bought the camera from Adorama (they sold on Amazon and did overnight shipping. Any recommendations here on how to share this with official canon team ? Canon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy images

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings

Let's start with some questions.

What brand, / type of storage media are you using?  Where did you buy it?  (Adorama)?

What lens or lenses are you using with the camera?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Storage media is Sandisk Extreme PRo SDXC UHS-II Card (128GB) bought from amazon 

Used the same lens that came with the camera : RF24-105mm F4 L is USM Lens Kit. I bought the combo Camera + lens @ $5399. 

@naroor wrote:

Storage media is Sandisk Extreme PRo SDXC UHS-II Card (128GB) bought from amazon 

Used the same lens that came with the camera : RF24-105mm F4 L is USM Lens Kit. I bought the combo Camera + lens @ $5399. 

Do you have a different card you can try to rule out a possible defective card?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

naroor,

Were all these 25 pictures taken in a row, or were they scattered throughout the 800 total?

In your samples, all the portrait shots were divided vertically. All the landscape shots were divided horizontally.

I don't know of any camera settings that would do that. To me the problem seems more physical in nature (mechanical or electrical).

I think I would return it, or send it in for repair under warranty.

Steve Thomas

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I would try another memory card to rule out a problem there (and be careful with Amazon as a source because counterfeit cards are common there) however typically a card issue will create a lot more "garbage" and random effects than what your photos show so I doubt that it is a memory card issue.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Also, make sure it is a full size card and not a micro card with adapter.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The images are clear and good when observing them on the camera LCD?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Not really - Saw the same issue with the images on the LCD. 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Given the way that mirrorless works, if you don't see it *before* you shoot, it almost has to be the card/card interface.

Announcements