cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new EOS R5 Mark II bugs/ sensor issues ?

naroor
Apprentice

I received my Canon R5 MarkII this afternoon and went to take some pictures at the local Hindu temple in Utah. It was quite sunny and shot all my shots in AV more, Auto ISO ! Here are some pictures which came out super weird and destroyed the entire image - Took 800 pictures but close to 25 pictures were like this . Does anybody have seen similar issues with Canon R5 mark 01 or mark II ? I bought the camera from Adorama (they sold on Amazon and did overnight shipping. Any recommendations here on how to share this with official canon team ? Canon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy imagesCanon R5 Mark II buggy images

33 REPLIES 33

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"We really do not know yet what the image from the sensor looks like."

Yes we do. 🤔

The OP said, "Saw the same issue with the images on the LCD. "

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"We really do not know yet what the image from the sensor looks like."

Yes we do. 🤔

The OP said, "Saw the same issue with the images on the LCD. "

Not really. We don’t know what the OP was referring to.  That’s why kvbarkley asked for clarification. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If it was an electronics problem wouldn't it also show up in the digital viewfinder? 

Images on the LCD could be Live View or playback.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

“ Images on the LCD could be Live View or playback. “

Images on the EVF could also be Live View or playback.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

“ Images on the LCD could be Live View or playback. “

Images on the EVF could also be Live View or playback.

Correct. But it takes anything related to the LCD out of the equation. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Argue about all you want but the camera needs to be returned or repaired.

EB

I am having the same issue. My raw images are looking shifted in color and position when I upload them into editing software. In the image below, you can see how it looks when I go to edit. The small thumb nail is how it looks before I click edit. I did a fair amount of research on this due to being so upset. Wasted an hour hike and night full of exposures of the stars. From what I have read is that the editing software companies will have to do an update for the new CR3 files made by the R5 Mark ii. I was really worried that it was my sensor, but I downloaded the DPP app from Canon and it was able to process my RAW images just fine. Apparently, this does happen to new cameras. I am still going to call Canon tomorrow and ask if it is something that has been reported, but as I said. The images did process when I used the Canon editing software. So, I don't think it is a "Sensor" issue. I wouldn't just return your Camera until you speak to Canon. 

Screenshot 2024-09-02 154903.png

1Shot1Still
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. My raw images are looking shifted in color and position when I upload them into editing software. In the image below, you can see how it looks when I go to edit. The small thumb nail is how it looks before I click edit. I did a fair amount of research on this due to being so upset. Wasted an hour hike and night full of exposures of the stars. From what I have read is that the editing software companies will have to do an update for the new CR3 files made by the R5 Mark ii. I was really worried that it was my sensor, but I downloaded the DPP app from Canon and it was able to process my RAW images just fine. Apparently, this does happen to new cameras. I am still going to call Canon tomorrow and ask if it is something that has been reported, but as I said. The images did process when I used the Canon editing software. So, I don't think it is a "Sensor" issue. I wouldn't just return your Camera until you speak to Canon. 

1Shot1Still_0-1725319542088.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@1shot1still,

Your observation / issue is completely unrelated to what the OP's issue is.  His problem is not a color shift or file interpretation issue caused by 3rd party software.  Use DPP for the time being until your preferred editing software has been updated.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Your observation / issue is completely unrelated to what the OP's issue is."

Agreed, unrelated to subject at hand.

EB
Announcements