cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best mirrorless camera recommendations

megansegale
Contributor

I really value everyone insight here and after researching on line the best mirrorless camera, I’m curious what you all think. I mostly shoot families, seniors and newborn. Wondering what the best camera for this type of photography would be- best bang for my buck- maybe a budget if $2500. I have the canon eos r, but looking for something that can help me with clearer images ( struggling with indoor grainy images ) and just an overall good camera that can do all the basic functions- quick, continuous shots. I have the 50mm lens. 
I appreciate your input- thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Do you have a budget to spend on a new camera. Also what lenses do you already have. Are you using adapted EF glass on your current camera.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@megansegale wrote:

I really value everyone insight here and after researching on line the best mirrorless camera, I’m curious what you all think. I mostly shoot families, seniors and newborn. Wondering what the best camera for this type of photography would be- best bang for my buck- maybe a budget if $2500. I have the canon eos r, but looking for something that can help me with clearer images ( struggling with indoor grainy images ) and just an overall good camera that can do all the basic functions- quick, continuous shots. I have the 50mm lens. 
I appreciate your input- thank you! 

Please do not respond to questions by editing your original post.  Doing so can quickly become very confusing.

Thanks, ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

With this budget and owning only one lens, going for a kit might be a good idea.    

I would look at R8, R6 mkII, R5.  Coming from an EOS R, I think the R6 mkII might be a great option for you.  If you want the extra MP's you'll have to go with the R5.  This will stretch your budget, but if you buy refurbished it might be possible.    

Take a look at the R6 mkII with 24-105 f4~7.1 STM

EOS R6 Mark II RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens Kit (canon.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@megansegale wrote:

I mostly shoot families, seniors and newborn. 

EOS R6 mark II. You will see a marked improvement over the EOS R for this type of photography. I prefer the R5, but that is probably over budget, plus the R5 mark II is close to release.

Start saving for better glass as it's probably the most important part of the equation. I'm hoping you have the RF 50mm and not the EF, although EF glass works fine adapted, the RF versions are designed for the R series and can be considered the "mark xxx" of their EF counterparts and take advantage of all that the newer MILC bodies have to offer.

Newton

Announcements