cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark ll Can I set up one SD card for RAW and the other for JPG?

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I'm a longtime Canon DSLR & Mirrorless user.  I just upgraded to the R6 Mark ll this week.  This is the first camera I have owned with two SD slots.  Is it possible to set up one card to receive RAW files (always my preferred file type), and set the second slot for JPEGs so I can use some of the custom profiles?
Thanks!

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rs-eos
Elite

Yes.  Refer to the "Record separately" option found on page 166 in the User Manual.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Yes you can set one card for RAW and one for JPEG. I would also recommend setting the camera up to record to BOTH card slots. R6 Mark II Manual Check page 166 for more info.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

Yes.  Refer to the "Record separately" option found on page 166 in the User Manual.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you!  The manual I downloaded from Canon's web site was smaller... only 610 pages, compared to over 1,000 on the link you provided.  No wonder I couldn't find it before.

Gary

Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Yes you can set one card for RAW and one for JPEG. I would also recommend setting the camera up to record to BOTH card slots. R6 Mark II Manual Check page 166 for more info.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Thank you!  I do have it set already to record both slots as RAW, I was just hoping to be able to change one... so this is great!

Gary

Announcements